Tuesday, July 10, 2007

One Moment

For all of you SAHMs, you know this is a very rare moment. My kids all stayed the night with other people and my husband is still asleep.

Honestly, life is really good at this moment. My house is quiet. Do you remember what that sounds like?! Most of the time, I do not, but it is here now.

It is the most beautiful sound. You can actually hear yourself think. You can hear your house sign and get comfortable for the day. There is peace in silence. I love it!!!

The reason being is that I am usually listening to one or more of our three girls telling me a story, telling on one of the other ones, asking me to go somewhere (that is just Bailee, our eleven-year-old, right now), making plans that will not possibly work out, etc.

It is amazing to me how much my children talk. It seems they are completely unable to keep their thoughts in. I do realize though this is better than them never talking to me, which is something I would never want.

So you say to me, Jess I thought this was suppose to be about God or something. Oh, it is, because He is found in the silence. I truly struggle to have a "Quiet Time" when there is no quiet.

Lately, I have just not had the energy to get out of bed before our girls. The two younger ones are up usually by 7, if not sooner.

So this morning, I spent some time with the Lord. We talked about life and how I was doing. I read His word and was given the promise that no matter how it looks right now. It will get better, because my inheritance is in Him. I just need to keep seeking Him.

This is about God, because I am nothing without Him and life is impossible without Him.

I hope you are all blessed today.

2 comments:

KarenW said...

I vividly remember the days when I had two preschoolers. One was an early riser - usually up before 6 AM. The other was a night owl. They didn't nap at the same time and it was impossible to find a "quiet time". I prayed and prayed that my son would sleep later and God always said no. Now he's a teenager and sleeping late means getting up around 8:30 -9:00. Most of the time, he gets up,eats breakfast, reads his Bible and gets started on his school work without me saying a word. It's a blessing - now. Those preschool days were difficult.

Jess said...

It is amazing how a few years changes things. Our Bailee is so much the same little girls she was five years ago when we got married, but then she is so different. I am truly appreciating the growth I see in her.