Monday, March 12, 2007

Getting Involved

I am really loving the blogging world. I do not think I have been this involved with the world around me for a long time.

I have two small children and on preteen. It makes going a challenging thing, especially because I homeschool.

I have come across a great way for you to get involved too. I was visiting different blogs and came to Tasra at Lessons from the Scrapbooking Page. She is amazing. If you do not know her, I encourage you to visit her and get to know her.

She had heard about this great way to get involved and I am passing it on to you.

You probably never thought of this, but women's shelters in the U.S. go through thousands of feminine hygiene products monthly. Assistance agencies generally help with expenses of "everyday" necessities such as toilet paper, diapers, and clothing, but one of the most BASIC needs is overlooked--feminine hygiene products.

Seventh Generation, a green paper products and cleaning products company, has a do-good attitude and will donate a box of sanitary products to a women's shelter in your chosen state--just for clicking the link. Talk about easy (and it's kind of fun to drag and drop the little heart)!

So go ahead, get involved.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just popped on by to say hello and thanks for checking out my blog...and there I am on your blog! What a surprise. Thanks for posting about the way that others can donate. Isn't blogging a fabulous way to connect with others?

Anonymous said...

Looks like there's a temporary "hold" on donating because of overwhelming response. That's praiseworthy.
Blessings,
~Toni~